SDG 10

  Sustainable Development Goals 10 - Reduced Inequalities

- 15 December 2022


    Today I will tell my experience about the problems faced related to the 10th Sustainable Development Goals which is Reduced Inequalities. Before I went through that experience, I expected that equality was easy to achieve in many circumstances. This is because I feel that there should be justice in every matter, if that equality cannot be achieved, there will be dissatisfaction by some parties. In fact, many more bad impacts will occur apart from that. The challenge I experienced was about the inequality between superiors and subordinates. Most of what happens now, regardless of age this issue is very common and still happens in my environment. I am talking about this issue because I have been in the position of subordinates. Superiors or those with high positions, they will take advantage of the advantages they have. Next, one of the things I need to know is about the rights that should be defended by everyone to avoid being oppressed and trampled on by irresponsible superiors. In addition, awareness or reprimands need to be given regardless of who is right or wrong so that both do not overstep the bounds and work together well to achieve the goal of a matter.

    Example situation, they have access to use a place for a long time, but I as a subordinate cannot get the same right to use the place for the same period as them. I was allowed to use the place for a short period only. In addition, there is also an attitude of judging people based on rank. They judge people only looking at the outside, which is their rank, so we who are low-ranking, are insulted and looked down upon and receive treatment that is not the same as those who are high-ranking receive good treatment. Based on these two situations, it has become clear that there is still an attitude of "DISCRIMINATION" that people do not see and take this matter lightly. Unfortunately, I couldn't deal with this very well and just let it drag on and didn't stand up for the rights I deserved. But I am grateful to be in that situation at that time, because it gave me the knowledge and awareness to deal with the matter in the future. People say "as long as we don't touch it, we don't know"'. From this experience I learned that we need to be brave enough to defend our rights and not remain silent when our rights are violated. With our courage, it not only benefits us but it will also benefit others as well.

    After a long time the problem passed, I tried to reflect on myself that every human being has its own shortcomings. I'm also trying to learn to forgive others, and accept someone's badness. Although we hate a person because of their shortcomings, we advise them to change for the better and that is the best action that should be taken to create a harmonious atmosphere in this world. I also don't know what will happen when I am in the above position, will I do the same thing or vice versa? We don't know but we can't completely depend on fate, at least try to prevent ourselves from drowning in that bad act. I appreciate the people who try to be brave and try to communicate this to the public and I am very grateful to them. If more people behave like this, I guarantee we can live in harmony and without hatred towards each other. I also hope that people can create equality in various things no matter small or big.

That's all from me, thank you for your time being here!

Comments